Joseph Boyett, Author & Consultant
WELCOME to the website of author and leadership consultant
Dr. Joseph H. Boyett. Here you will find articles and commentary
by Dr. Boyett, descriptions of his many books with links to
where you can purchase them, and quick links to other
websites that address leadership, management and political
issues. Enjoy and come back frequently to view new articles
“A must-have, must-read book..."
|The Science of Leadership:
Findings from a Quarter Century
of Peer-Reviewed Research
Joseph H. Boyett, Ph.D.
You want to become a powerful leader. Maybe
you want to become a business leader, a
political leader, a leader in your school, church
or club. Maybe you already are a leader and
you want to become a better one, or at least a
more influential one. You have searched the
internet for leadership advice. You have read
books that promise to reveal “leadership
secrets.” Still, you are dissatisfied with the
answers you have found. You want better
answers to what it takes to become a powerful
leader. My new book provides those answers.
The Science of Leadership is an instruction
manual for how you can gain power, influence
and attract a passionately dedicated following
for whatever purposes you intend, good or
What constitutes leadership across cultures
and generations? Which leadership principles
are grounded in political science, sociology,
psychology, and even biology? Which
principles emerge not from personal
experience, anecdotal events, or consultant
speculation, but from solid research? What is
the science of leadership?
Some of the things you will learn from reading this book:
- Five behaviors that are essential for gaining power and influence. You will attract and retain
passionately dedicated followers if you perform these five things well. What is more, these are
universal prescriptions for leadership success in just about any setting or culture.
- How to employ emotions to secure power.
- How to act like a charismatic authority figure even if you are not one.
- How you can build a network of obligations you can tap for follower loyalty, support and return favors.
- Four powerful tools for acquiring and maintaining follower commitment to yourself and your vision.
- How you can use the power of social proof to convince followers to adopt your ideas.
- How you can develop a vision and why almost any vision you develop will do as long as you can
express it well and connect it to follower aspirations. How to do that.
- Fourteen tools of rhetoric you can employ to sell your vision to followers.
- Why leadership is a game of language and how you can use that knowledge to convince people to
- Why image is important and how to act like a leader.
- Why the leadership relationship you develop with your immediate staff is different from that you can
develop with followers that are more distant and how to use that knowledge to your advantage.
- How to take advantage of a crisis to emerge as a charismatic leader.
- How understanding your motivation to lead can tell you much about your possible strengths and
weaknesses as a leader.
- Why your success as a leader depends as much on your confidence in leading as it does on your
- Why the very needs, desires and qualities that cause you to aspire to lead can be your downfall and
what you can do to avoid the mistakes many leaders make that cause them to ultimately fail as
- Why most leadership training programs will not teach you how to lead and how you can really learn to
master the skills of leadership.
REFRESH YOUR BROWSER FOR LATEST CONTENT